Faulty or unsafe dryer vents are in the top 10 causes of annual home-based fires. By following these simple, affordable tips, you can avoid clothes dryer danger and a potential fire hazard. And remember, if you’re dryer isn’t operating properly, has a strange smell, is overheating, or is making a strange noise, don’t hesitate to call an appliance repair professional like Immediate Appliance Service to take a look at your machine.
1. Have a qualified appliance service repairman clean your dryer and dryer venting system frequently to ensure proper air flow and remove lint build-up
2. Always clean the lint trap before and after drying your load of clothing
3. Check and clean the back of the dryer (lint can be stuck there)
4. Don’t leave your dryer running when you leave your home
5. Always have a professional install the gas lines for a gas dryer