8 Weird, Non-Food Related Ways To Utilize Your Freezer
Now that it’s summer, it’s highly likely that your freezer is working overtime: more ice cubes for icy cold lemonade and ice tea drinks, frosty popsicles, and yummy, chilled ice cream to keep nice and cool on these sizzling-hot summer days.
But did you know that your freezer can be more useful than just keeping food frozen and cold? We stumbled across some surprising – and funny! – unusual uses for your freezer, and thought we should share!
Check out these 8 atypical ways to utilize the power of your freezer below:
1. Prolong battery life: Store batteries in the freezer to prolong their energy and lifespan
2. Extend burning time of wax candles: By placing your wax candles in the freezer
3. Store planting seeds: Store in airtight containers until ready to plant
4. Open and reseal and envelope: Pop open your envelope without any tearing by placing in the freezer for a while
5. Kill dustmites: Place pillows, curtains, stuffed animals, sheets and other linens in freezer and then wash to kill dustmites
6. Emergency preparation: Freezer water bottles in the freezer to use as ice packs later in case of emergency
7. Sanitize & deodorize jeans: Store jeans in a plastic zip-lock bag in the freezer for a week to kill bacteria and deodorize
8. Revive your computer hard-drive: Revive data by placing a dead hard-drive in the freezer for 3-5 hours