Dryer Vent Maintenance Tips To Keep You And Your Family Safe
Believe it or not, each year over 15,000 house fires started by built-up dryer lint ravage homes in the US, resulting in millions of dollars worth of property damage. It is estimated that over 20 fire-caused deaths a year are from these unfortunate and unnecessary dryer hazards.
Don’t put you, your home, and your family at risk by letting your laundry room become a fire hazard. Take a look at our dryer vent safety checklist below to keep you and your loved ones safe:–
-Have a qualified appliance service repairman clean your dryer and dryer venting system frequently to ensure proper air flow and remove lint build-up
– Always clean the lint trap before and after drying your load of clothing
– Check and clean the back of the dryer (lint can be stuck there)
– Don’t leave your dryer running when you leave your home
– Never dry any clothing or material which may contain or be stained with a flammable substance such as oil, gasoline, or alcohol) as these chemicals can ignite
– Always check manufacturer’s warnings and protocol for your machine to ensure proper use and operation; information can be found in the unit manual or on the inside of the dryer’s lid/door
– Always have a professional install the gas lines for a gas dryer
– Try to replace your plastic/vinyl/foil exhaust hoses with metal venting as the other materials are more prone to catch fire
Faulty or unsafe dryer vents are in the top 10 causes of annual home-based fires. By following these simple, affordable tips, you can avoid clothes dryer danger and a potential fire hazard. And remember, if you’re dryer isn’t operating properly, has a strange smell, is overheating, or is making a strange noise, don’t hesitate to call an appliance repair professional like Immediate Appliance Service to take a look at your machine. It’s better to be safe than to be sorry!
If you’d like to have Immediate Appliance Service, Inc. come out to your home for a dryer vent cleaning, click here to check out a convenient coupon for a dryer vent cleaning at only $69.95!