Chances are you either hate or love your refrigerator. It’s something you use every single day and can last for many years. Its longevity can also make it difficult to determine if you need a new one or just need the one you currently have repaired. If your fridge seems to be wearing out, here is a list of the five obvious signs that a refrigerator repair is in your future.
If it happens that you are in need of a refrigerator repair, don’t hesitate to give us a call at Immediate Appliance. We have served New Jersey for over 25 years with quality appliance service.
1. Food Is Spoiling - One of the most obvious signs that your fridge is starting to see the light is that your food is going bad quicker than it should or it’s taking longer than usual for your items to get cold. A fridge that takes longer to cool your food or cannot maintain the temperature has to use more energy. This translates into a waste of money due to energy bills and having to spend more to replace the food that went bad too early.
2. Over Freezing - The opposite of your refrigerator not being able to keep your items cold, if your freezer is turning into an iceberg, it’s a sign that your fridge needs a repair soon. You may think that it’s natural for a freezer to freeze items, but if you need to use an ice pick to help defrost the chicken for dinner, get your fridge inspected. A freezer that is over freezing everything is the most common sign of a faulty fridge.
3. Hot Motor - Feeling a blanket of warmth when reaching for something in the back of the fridge isn’t necessarily uncommon. But feeling an excessive amount of heat in your fridge is not good. The coils in the back that power your fridge are insulated, which should keep heat to a minimum. If you notice heat coming from your refrigerator, give us a call, and we’ll send a fridge repair technician out to inspect your coils.
4. Fridge Is More Than 10 Years Old - With proper maintenance, a good fridge can easily last 10 to 25 years. However, for a fridge that is over 10 years old and is showing any of the signs on this list, a unit repair may be in your future.
5. Condensation - The most obvious sign of a dying fridge is condensation. If your fridge looks like it just participated in a full-court pick-up game of basketball, you need to inspect the rubber sealing around your fridge immediately. Depending on how bad the damaged seal is, you may be able to fix the problem on your own, but having an experience technician repair the issue is your best bet for a long-lasting, proper repair.
If your fridge is in need of repair, let the experts at Immediate Appliance take a look and give you an honest and accurate assessment of your refrigerator. To learn more about all of the services we offer or to book an appointment today, you can reach us by calling (800)-323-3023.