How to Clean Your Clothing Dryer Within 5 Minutes
Your dryer does a lot to make your life simpler—so why not return the favor with a little much-needed TLC?
Dirt buildup in your dryer can affect its efficiency, as well as get onto your clothing. Ew! But did you know it only takes about 5 minutes to give your drying machine a proper clean? And you only need to do it once every six months? Here’s how:
1. Remove everything from the top of your dryer—you know, all the stacks of folded clothing and random change you’ve been storing on top of it. Also, collect and dispose of any lint build-up in the lint trap.
2. Use a dry cloth or washcloth to wipe the lint trap and remove dust buildup from around the vent.
3. Use the hose from your vacuum cleaner to remove any lingering lint, dust or debris from around the lint-trap area. Afterwards, using a damp cloth to gently wipe down the interior of the drying unit.
4. Prior to replacing the lint trap, wipe it down with warm, soapy water (dish detergent is fine), drying it with a dry cloth before reinstalling it. Do the same with the lint trap to remove any lingering buildup.
5. Using a flat screw driver, gently pry open the top of the dryer (if you feel comfortable) and vacuum around the drum. After replacing the top, pull the dryer out gently from the wall and vacuum the discharging vent at the back of the dryer. If you don’t feel comfortable moving the machine like this, you can skip this step.
Also, be sure to have your dryer vent cleaned by a professional at least once a year! Call Immediate Appliance today at 1-800-323-3023 to set up your appointment now.