How to Prepare to Host Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is just on the horizon, and if you’re hosting the holiday at your home this year, you might be feeling stressed. Figuring out who to invite and who’s bringing what, going grocery shopping and more can get in the way of enjoying the holiday with loved ones.
One thing people often overlook is the condition of their appliances and kitchen equipment. What if your oven fails? You’ll be left with an undercooked turkey and a lot of hungry, disgruntled guests. Don’t wait until the last minute; prepare ahead of time. Avert disaster by following these steps, courtesy of our same-day appliance repair experts serving Princeton, NJ and other nearby areas.
- Use all of the appliances that you’ll be using on Thanksgiving including your oven, cooktop, fridge and dishwasher at least a week before the day. Therefore, if you notice something is wrong, you have several days to take care of it before your guests arrive.
- Do NOT use your oven’s self-cleaning feature the day before Thanksgiving. They have the potential to cause the oven to malfunction or lock up, so use this feature with more time to spare, in case a problem arises.
- Ensure your oven’s lock is functioning correctly. If your oven locks up, you’re in big trouble. It might trap food inside or lock you out, so you won’t be able to access your food or cook it properly.
- Be careful with your garbage disposal. There are many things that are not meant to be inserted into the disposal, including bones, grease, egg shells and other animal byproducts. They can get stuck and clog the disposal. Even worse? Depending on what gets trapped, it can fill your home with a nasty stench.
- Free up space in your refrigerator. Throw out what you don’t need, or anything past the expiration date. Leave room for what your guests are bringing. Also, if your fridge is stuffed, it might not close all the way which can lead to other issues.
- Last but not least, make sure your dishwasher is working properly. Having to handwash dishes is never fun, but it especially won’t be when you’re also trying to entertain guests and enjoy yourself.
We hope you take heed of our advice and have a happy Thanksgiving! If you require appliance maintenance prior to hosting company or you need emergency heating repair in Princeton NJ, contact our experts at Immediate Appliance today! Call 1-800-323-3023.