Get the Most Out of Your Household Appliances
Simply put, new appliances do not have the strengths their predecessors had. They break down easier, there’s a need for appliance repair often, and must be replaced soon. That’s the downside of modern appliances.
So what can you do to keep your appliances in good woking condition? Here are some tips:
Weekly appliance service tips
• Clean the oven to remove grease. The longer you leave it, the harder it will be to remove.
• Check the dishwasher filter for food particles or broken glass and make sure it is clean and free of mold.
• Wash the door gasket of the fridge, freezer, washer, dishwasher, and dryer to keep bacteria from growing.
Annual or semi-annual tips (it depends on usage and appliance condition)
• Run the washer empty with a washing machine cleaner.
• Check the dryer vents and remove accumulated lint both from the interior and external entry points.
• Maintain fridges & freezers by cleaning their coils. You should also clean the fridge’s interior.
• If one of the appliances is not performing at its best, call an appliance technician to maintain it.
What to do daily or after every use
• Remove lint from the dryer’s lint trap
• Keep washers and dishwashers open to dry out
• Remove, rinse, and let dry the washer’s dispenser drawer
• Wipe any spills around the stove burners
• Clean the microwave